What are the dates i need to know?
• Registration from September 15th until September 21st.
• September 24th we announce 8 Semi finalists and judges on facebook and the website
• Try-out Kroepoekfabriek
October 2nd @ Kroepoekfabriek Vlaardingen, all semi-finalists 12 minutes
• HCF @ Paard Café dates:
October 15th 1st Semi-final, four semi-finalists 15 minutes
October 29th 2nd Semi-final, four semi-finalists 15 minutes
• November 5th we announce four finalists and judges on facebook
• November 19th HCF Finale, four finalists 15 minutes
• Finalists Tour takes place in 2015 at various locations. This are the dates you need to put in your agenda. February 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, March 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th April 3rd, 10th, June 24th in 2015. The tour dates are shown at the submissionform. when these dates would be due to change, we will contact you a.s.a.p. All finalist agree to attend to whole tour.
Conditions to take part in the Competition
Conditions Comedy Competition the Haags Comedy Festival 2014
• The Haags Comedy Festival 2014 as described is an initiative of Stichting Haags Comedy Festival.
• The Haags Comedy Festival 2014 includes a competition and open mic tour.
• The Hague is an international city. The Haags Comedy Festival 2014 is a stand-up comedy competition for comedians with international ambitions. The language of the competition is General English or General American Civilized English.
• For comedians abroad, the following rules apply: The Haags Comedy Festival 2014 is open to all stand-up comedians. Residence is provided by the organization, travel expenses will be paid by the comedians themselves.
• In stand-up comedy, we mean live comedy and improvisation. Other theatrical devices, such as costumes, and make-up, are either avoided or considered less important.
• Registration for the competition of the Haags Comedy Festival 2014, by: the website www.haagscomedyfestival.com fill between September 16th and September 21st , you have to read and agree to the conditions. Register in time and deposite 50 euros (this is the comedy coaching contribution) into account number NL58 INGB 0006094165 of Haags Comedy Festival. This payment has to be done before September 15th.
• The strict subscription period for the contest runs from September 15th untill September 21st, 2014 at 23:59.
• The registered acts given the opportunity to perform at the Haags Comedy Festival 2014 which will take place at the Paard Cafe, the Hague. The semi-finalists of the competition will participate in a try-out to be held on October 2nd in Vlaardingen. All semi-finalists need to attend. The duration of action is 10 minutes, an MC will host the show. The semifinals will take place on 15th and 29th October. The final takes place on 19th of November. All at the Paard Café , Prinsegracht 12, 2512 GA The Hague. All finalists need to attend the tour, check the dates for you availebility before you sign up. The dates of the tour could be due to change. In that case we will communicate with you a.s.a.p.
• Each comedian that registers for Haags Comedy Festival, will be contacted in the course of September. We will provide a sheet with all concrete, practical and technical information: location, timing, agreements and so on.
• The acts use the same PA and lighting equipment provided by the organizer. The stage management is in the hands of the organization of Haags Comedy Festival 2014.
• The preliminary jury will select a maximum of 8 semi-final acts. The final jury chooses 4 final acts. The performance during the final 15 minutes.
• The organizer can change the number of comedians that can admit to the semifinals / finals at all times.
• The participant agrees to recordings during the Haags Comedy Festival 2014 and the complete tour. The recordings can be used for publicity purposes (eg. Reports on radio and broadcasting on television).
• The organizer may change these regulations in the interest of the competition. The participants will be given prior notice of any changes to date.
• The finalists will be presented on the website, social media of the Haags Comedy Festival 2014 and their broadcastingtime on RegioTV.
• The finalists Haags Comedy Festival 2013 are excluded from participation. Competitors of other comedy competitions are excluded from participation.
• Haags Comedy Festival 2014 works with two independent jury’s. Acquisition for the composition of these juries is not appreciated. Acquisition of the decisions of these jury’s is not appreciated. The jury will be announced along with the selection of comedians on facebook and our website www.haagscomedyfestival.com.
• Anyone who registers for Haags Comedy Festival 2014 is included in the central directory of the Haags Comedy Festival 2014 and will be kept informed of future international cultural projects.
• The participant has a passport that is valid for more than one year, or will apply for this.
• The participant provides own transport during the competition and tour, unless stated different.
• The participant meets the requirements of the application for a visa under the ESTA. For more information: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
• The participant has no other obstacles or restrictions for traveling abroad and can get 10 consecutive days off work.
• The participant is an ambassador of the Haags Comedy Festival 2014 and is committed to the promotion of the festival. Follow all instructions to promote the festival. Be a professional when performing (abroad), to your fellow comedians, the crew and your host.
• The participant declares he will be able to play at the try-out, semifinals, finals and the whole the finalist tour playlist.
• The participant agrees with the all conditions.